This week Hayley helps us demonstrate a TRX circuit workout! I was first introduced to the TRX and suspension training at Beyond Fit. I fell in love with it and started incorporating it into my bodybuilding workouts. The TRX system is especially great for those who exercise at home or travel often.
Why circuit training? Particularly for fat-loss, training in a circuit manner can be helpful because it keeps you moving and your heart rate up. Circuit training is moving through a set of exercises, one exercise to the next, with no or minimal rest between exercises then taking a 1 to 2 minute rest at the end of the completed circuit. Then you repeat for a number of rounds.
With suspension training, you determine the level of difficult by how close and far you position your body to the anchor point. So you can regress (make easier) or progress (make more challenging) an exercise just moving your feet closer in or further away.
Week 8 TRX Full Body Circuit Workout
10-15 reps each exercise (or each side), 3-4 rounds of the circuit
1. Squat Jumps – be sure to use your legs and grip handles lightly
2. High Row – this is going to hit your upper back and rear delts more
3. Oblique Twist Right – don’t twist your whole body, just your trunk
4. Oblique Twist Left – switch sides
5. Split Lunge Right – this can be challenging if you have trouble balancing, make sure your standing/front leg makes a 90 degree angle (or less if beginner) and your knee doesn’t go past your toes
6. Split Lunge Left – switch sides
7. Biceps Curl – keep arms isolated and elbows in place
8. Plank Crunch or Plank Pike – don’t let your hips sag, hold a solid plank position
9. Hamstring Runner – keep butt up off the ground, beginner have arms straight out close to body, advanced would be to put hands behind head
If you try the workout let us know how it went in the comments!
Find Week 1 Circuit Workout here!
Find Week 2 Circuit Workout here!
Find Week 3 Circuit Workout here!
Find Week 4 Circuit Workout here!
Find Week 5 Circuit Workout here!
Find Week 6 Circuit Workout here!
Find Week 7 Circuit Workout here!