Week 5 Circuit Workout – Push focus
For this week’s circuit workout we will focus on “push” exercises that work the chest, shoulders, and triceps with a leg exercise thrown in for good measure.
Why circuit training? Particularly for fat-loss training in a circuit manner can be helpful because it keeps you moving and your heart rate up. Circuit training is moving through a set of exercises, one exercise to the next, with no or minimal rest between exercises then taking a 1 to 2 minute rest at the end of the completed circuit. Then you repeat for a number of rounds.
Week 5 Circuit Workout
7 exercises, 10-15 reps depending on the weight you choose, 3-4 rounds of the circuit
– Beginner would use lighter weights
– Intermediate would use one set of decent-sized medium dumbbells (I used 20lbs) and one smaller
1. Bridge with Chest Press (beginner can lose the bridge if needed)
2. Skull Crusher (with one medium dumbbell)
3. Plank Jacks (higher reps or 30 seconds)
4. Goblet Squat (either holding one dumbbell like shown or both on shoulders)
5. Standing Tricep Extension (with one medium dumbbell)
6. Weave and Punch (with smaller dumbbells or without and faster movement)
7. Dumbbell Front Raise (with one medium dumbbell)
If you try the workout let us know how it went in the comments!