That's me on NYE enjoying some Martinell's Sparking Cider in a fancy glass. Here's to 2012!!
I've seen other people make lists of things they want to do in 2012 or before their next birthday. I decided I'd like to make my own list. It's a great feeling at the end of the year to be able to cross things off a list. Who's kidding, it feels good to scratch things off any list anytime of the year, right?
Here's my list in no particular order. (About half-way into making this list I thought to myself, "Damn, I'm giving myself a lot to do this year!!" but a year is a long time right?)
1. Learn belly dancing
2. Get out of credit card debt (hope to do this by March!)
3. Finish my second cookbook (by Summer?)
4. Teach at a veg festival (or three)
5. Take better food photographs
a. Buy a better lens for camera
b. Buy light box thingy
c. Raid thrift stores for cool dishes, tablecloths, glasses, etc.
6. Go out dancing with the girls
7. Eat dark greens every day
(so far so good)
8. Cook one recipe out of every cookbook I own (fun project for the blog!)
(1/14 Already cooked out of 9 cookbooks!)
9. Go to a yoga class once a week (started the new year with a Bikram class!)
10. Limit Starbucks to 2x per month (it's crap for me anyway, maybe I will go without all together)
11. Finish another triathlon (who's with me?)
12. Move across country (hoping by summer, I have a place in mind)
13. Travel to a new continent (South America maybe or Indonesia?)
14. Buy running shoes tailored to my feet
(1/14 got them fitted at fancy run store but didn't buy them yet)
15. Run more
16. Read at least 12 non-fiction books all the way through
(1/14 Started The Girl Who Played With Fire)
17. Love my body more
18. Have Blissful Bites featured in a mainstream magazine (hello O Magazine or Ready Made?)
19. Give more hugs
(1/14 Hugged clients today after our consulting session 😉
20. Listen to more music and find cool new bands
21. Eat more raw food
What are some things you want to do this year?