A New Way to Be Green – People Towels
I first learned about People Towels from my friend Whitney and her blog Eco-VeganGal. She wears her towel hooked to her purse so it’s always with her. I’m kind of obsessive like her about being green and creating the least amount of waste possible. I take my own utensils and containers with me everywhere, so having my own little towel completed the package. I use my People Towel instead of paper towels in public bathrooms, but I also use it as a napkin in restaurants that use paper napkins instead of cloth. So I’m saving trees all over the place! And, they are made with organic cotton! This makes me very happy! Definitely get the 3 or 5 pack, so you have a clean towel always available.
From their website:
The Current Situation
The use of disposable paper towels is having a devastating impact on the environment. Some of the facts about paper towel consumption and its impact are:
- To make one ton of paper towels, 17 trees and 20,000 gallons of water are polluted.
- Every day, over 3,000 tons of paper towel waste is produced in the US alone.
- Decomposing paper towels produce methane gas, a leading cause of global warming.
- The average person uses 2,400 – 3,000 paper towels at work, in a given year.
Every Eco-diva & dude should have a set of People Towels! Enter the giveaway for your chance to win a 3 pack of your choice (retail $21).
To enter the giveaway here are the rules:
1. You must live in the United States. No PO Boxes.
2. Please subscribe to my blog and enter your email address so I can contact you if you win.
3. Tell us why you would benefit from having a set of People Towels.
4. Become a Fan on my Facebook page
5. Follow me on Twitter and Retweet about this giveaway (@TheBlissfulChef)
6. Become a fan of People Towels on Facebook
7. Join People Towels on Twitter
Hint: Be sure to leave one comment telling me how many things you did from the list (for example say in one comment that you have 3-7 entries, the first 3 are required. If you already do the extra credit you can count those in your total, so you would then have 7 entries if you did everything).
A winner will be chosen on Friday March 19th. Good luck!