Bucket List 2012 | Blissful and Fit

Bucket List 2012

That's me on NYE enjoying some Martinell's Sparking Cider in a fancy glass. Here's to 2012!!

I've seen other people make lists of things they want to do in 2012 or before their next birthday. I decided I'd like to make my own list. It's a great feeling at the end of the year to be able to cross things off a list. Who's kidding, it feels good to scratch things off any list anytime of the year, right?

Here's my list in no particular order. (About half-way into making this list I thought to myself, "Damn, I'm giving myself a lot to do this year!!" but a year is a long time right?)

1. Learn belly dancing

2. Get out of credit card debt (hope to do this by March!)

3. Finish my second cookbook (by Summer?)

4. Teach at a veg festival (or three)

5. Take better food photographs

a. Buy a better lens for camera

b. Buy light box thingy

c. Raid thrift stores for cool dishes, tablecloths, glasses, etc.

6. Go out dancing with the girls

7. Eat dark greens every day

(so far so good)

8. Cook one recipe out of every cookbook I own (fun project for the blog!)

(1/14 Already cooked out of 9 cookbooks!)

9. Go to a yoga class once a week (started the new year with a Bikram class!)

10. Limit Starbucks to 2x per month (it's crap for me anyway, maybe I will go without all together)

11. Finish another triathlon (who's with me?)

12. Move across country (hoping by summer, I have a place in mind)

13. Travel to a new continent (South America maybe or Indonesia?)

14. Buy running shoes tailored to my feet

(1/14 got them fitted at fancy run store but didn't buy them yet)

15. Run more

16. Read at least 12 non-fiction books all the way through

(1/14 Started The Girl Who Played With Fire)

17. Love my body more

18. Have Blissful Bites featured in a mainstream magazine (hello O Magazine or Ready Made?)

19. Give more hugs

(1/14 Hugged clients today after our consulting session 😉

20. Listen to more music and find cool new bands

21. Eat more raw food

What are some things you want to do this year?

Posted in My Blog on 01/04/2012 04:22 am

1. Love love love your list! I have no doubt that you will easily accomplish every single one of these things. Cheers to a fantastic 2012, Christy! <3 hugs

2. I have a bucket list of vegan recipes to make this year, things that are super popular that i've never made or basic things that i've never eaten (kale chips, what kind of vegan am I?).

3. You are SO on your way to getting those things done. Can't wait to hear more about them, especially the belly dancing (also very tempted myself), moving across country and of course the new book! I'll go dancin' with you if we find ourselves in the same place again!

4. Where are you looking to move to on the East Coast? I'm searching for a cute, vegan friendly, town myself. I'm from CA, and the bf is from NY, so we're looking for the east coast change.

5. Good list!  I share a lot of the same "goals," so I'd love to hear about your progress!

6. Brilliant list! I had not made an official list but after reading yours I realised in my mind I had lots of things I intend to do or start this year!

1. Buy your book

2. Save to visit the USA (I'm in the UK and very jealous of all the vegan options there)

3. Kick sugar and caffeine to the kerb

4. Save to open a vegan shop – my ultimate dream

5. Exercise more.

Keep up the great blog, good luck with all your plans 🙂

7. I love the bucket list!! I too have one that is pretty long but my one thing that I am hoping to get done soon is to get in school to be a nutritionist.  I want to advocate the benefits of a plant based diet and want to help others 🙂

• Best of luck with that Ashley! I know if you go the western route you will be taught a bunch of old outdated information (that’s mostly not true anymore), but you will have those little letters next to your name.

8. Love this list. So many people focus just on the tedious (pay off credit cards!) so I love the belly dancing and dancing with the girls. Here's to a fun 2012!

• Thank Jennifer. The practical side of me had to include some of that stuff. But the more fun stuff is essential for being a sane person the whole year 😉

9. I have lots of goals for 2012, but I think I might have to add one… Attend one of your cooking classes before you move across the country!  Checking out your Dallas Farmers Market demonstrations now and trying to find one that fits my schedule!

10. Cynthia Niernberger

please tell us in Dallas area when you will have a class on making your own tofu!

Thanks,