Improving Your Diet This Year? | Blissful and Fit

Improving Your Diet This Year?

For my new Twitter followers I gave out a quiz that asked “What are the 3 ways you are improving your diet this year?” I got some amazing and inspiring results that I wanted to share with you! Here are the top 3 answers I was given.

1. Eat Less Meat (or none at all!)

2. Eat More Vegetables (and Greens)

3. Eat Less Processed Foods (and Junk)

Other exciting answers that I enjoyed!

Giving up sugar

Not over-eating

Drink more water

Cooking at home instead of eating out (I need to do this one more!)

Planting a garden

Being adventurous in the kitchen

More variety in foods

Going vegan or vegetarian

Less/No alcohol

More exercise

Eating at regular meals times/Not skipping meals

Eat more raw foods

So, now I ask YOU, What are the 3 ways you are improving your diet this year?

Funny no one said they were going to take cooking classes to learn how to cook the healthier food they wanted to start eating. Cooking classes rule! If you are in Los Angeles, there is still space available in my Basics of Eating and Cooking a Plant-based Diet. See Event/Classes tab above.

Posted in My Blog on 02/16/2010 02:01 pm

1. Eat less sugar

Get off coffee

Learn how to do more raw great meals

2. great list! i am trying to do all of those, although i have already put many good habits into place so that makes it easier. i am trying sprout more and eat/drink more greens.

3. I’ve already been able to put a lot of healthy hebits in place. I did try to take cooking classes here but find it a waste if they aren’t vegan. For me that is a must. I am signing up for group fitness classes to get me out and about like minded people this year. I started with a cardio kickboxing class. I’m also paying attention to how much processed food I eat. I’ve now started making my own beans instead of buying the canned ones.

4. Foodielicious

We all have the same lofty goals — maybe this year we’ll do better. When I have the time, I am so very healthy, making wonderful salads & cooking fresh fish a few times a week. It’s when things are particularly chaotic that I find myself at 3pm, ravenously shoveling lunch, a grilled cheese sandwich, at warp speed, while working at my computer.

Anyway — for those of you watching your fat, calories, and cholesterol, I have a suggestion for you: Kardea gourmet wellness bars. They are positively delicious and healthy too. Each bar has only 150 calories and is all natural. They have 7g each of fiber and protein, & 1g of plant sterols — more than a bowl of oatmeal! You can get them at many health food stores or at http://Shop.KardeaNutrition.com . I’m eager to hear your opinions!

5. Interesting quiz! And brilliant idea. 🙂 As you know, I tried being vegan this week and it truly was a challenge. Definitely going to try my very best to eat a plant-based diet on a budget!

Also, for the record, if I was in LA, I’d totally check out that class!

6. best thing I’ve ever given up were OILS/Fats! Changed my life the same as going vegan did.

7. LOL, everyone took my answers 🙂 We have stopped eating meat, and milk, stopped buying processed foods, we started seeds for our summer garden (first time). And educating ourselves on where our food comes from, whats in it and what it is good for. Getting our kids involved, been absolutely wonderful! Great question:-)

8. This is my first visit here, but I will be back soon, because I really like the way you are writing, it is so simple and honest